Monday, February 16, 2015

Christmas...At Our Home Away From Home

We didn't do Christmas in New Jersey last year (the twins were only six weeks old!), so that made this year's trip all the more exciting.

This was the first time that Bridget (2.5) and her cousin Emma (3.5) just ran off and played together. So cute!

Happy Hadley loved being held by Brianna

Twins get the non-premier seating at the party

Bridget loves her Uncle Kai


Bri and I recreated some pictures from 2006


Daddy and Anders

Grandmom treated Hadley to some dessert
She might have liked it a little bit...
Bridget also enjoyed her (blue) dessert!

I had a girls' day out with Jenna, Brianna and Megan--it was a great beginning to what I hope is an annual tradition.

Bridget now has a very soft spot in her heart for Auntie Cindy


The girls were hiding in Emma's bed pretending to be "Elsa" and "Elsa"

Jenna and Hadley
Will and Uncle Tom 

New Year's Eve! Our nieces educated me on all the bands on TV. I'm an old fogey.

Selfie with Brendan at the center

Ringing in the New Year at midnight for once!

Three generations of lovely ladies

The clan congregates (even in chilly weather) to say goodbye every time we head home. 
Jenna and Grandpop (in the distance) wave goodbye


The expressions on those three faces are pretty telling. Will collapsed in tears when it was time to go; Finn and Bridget just put on surly expressions. I remember feeling that way when I had to leave my cousins in Ohio. It's a bittersweet thing--I'm sorry to see them sad, but I love that they love their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins so much.

No comments: