Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4 at Sunday River

Dave and I traveled to Maine over July 4 weekend. We weren't sure what to expect as we were staying at a ski resort in the middle of the summer. Also, since my physical activities are sort of limited, we didn't know what we'd do for three whole days. Of course, once we discovered the heated outdoor pool fifty feet from our hotel room, we relaxed through three consecutive days of beautiful weather.

Swimming was wonderful--all that painful gravity, gone in an instant! I told Dave I wanted to live in a pool through the month of September. Now, you won't be surprised to hear that I was also wearing a non-maternity bikini, and my baby belly was out for all to see...prompting one grandmother to ask if I was having twins. I was irritated until Dave pointed out that "that's what you get" for baring your belly at seven months; I couldn't argue with him!

No comments: