Friday, August 1, 2008

Movin' On Up!

Most of you know the ordeal we went through with the last house we tried to buy; it was not a pretty process. From December to June, we were hands-on with every tiny development of the house we were building in Marlborough. Finally, by the end of June we realized that our time, energy and effort had been in vain, and our shady builder could not be relied upon to finish the job, or finish it well.

We had to move quickly and ended up purchasing a condo in Newton, in a neighborhood called Nonantum Village--very close to where Dave lived for five years in Watertown. Moving in exactly two months prior to my due date was a challenging experience, especially for Dave, since he was doing a lot of this:
While I was doing a lot of this*:
And somehow, while I sat like a slug on a rug, stuffing Teddy Grahams in my mouth and amusing myself by reading the bed assembly instructions aloud in French, Dave still managed to mostly look like this:
I knew I married that guy for a reason! Anyway, we love our new place and will post pictures of a more finished product as soon as possible.

*Yes, that picture is from 3.5 years ago, when I could still see my feet and didn't even know Dave existed...but I somehow deleted the picture of my love affair with the Teddy Grahams, and I figured a shot of me devouring a Snickers was the next best thing.

No comments: