Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Family Resemblance

Dave and I still can't see much of ourselves in Will, physically speaking.
Clearly he gets his hyperactivity from me:

His obsession with taking everything apart and inspecting it (in this case, a lens cap) from Dave:



His goofball sense of humor can be blamed on both of us:

But the physical resemblance that most people point out to us?

Good old Grandpa Joe:


When we put this hat on Will's head at the store, it instantly reminded us of my wonderful grandfather, and even Dave swore we had to take it home:



He would have been so tickled to meet his little doppelganger, the boy who inherited his gray eyes and prominent ears and happy-go-lucky nature--but I have to remind myself that this is how it's supposed to be, that the great-grandfather lives on in the great-grandson.
I'm sure Grandpa Joe was ready, after 99 1/2 years on earth, to pass down his signature look.
I just wish he were here to see it in person.

1 comment:

Lisa M. Welsien said...

Such a sweet, sweet blog. And, ok, maybe it made me cry just a little bit. Will does look just like Grandpa Joe in his hat and I look forward to the day when he fluffs my hair and asks, "What is that, some kinda hairdo?"
xo