Thursday, September 17, 2009

Walker Noon

No, we are not naming our second son "Walker"--although we do have a name all picked out, Dave has sworn me to secrecy.

Anyway, the title of this post refers to our FIRST son, who has been working on his walk for a few months now and finally got the hang of it this week, shakily toddling across rooms and down hallways--although sometimes he still prefers the speed-crawl.

As I've said many times before, I'm more than happy to keep him in all-fours mode for as long as he likes, since with walking comes tripping (especially on too-long pant legs) and falling, not to mention dashing out of sight in milliseconds. But I have to admit, there's something outrageously fun about watching Will walk. It's like he's Pinocchio going from wood to flesh--he's a "real boy"!

Just keep your fingers crossed for his head and my sanity.

Meanwhile, my very first baby, Bella (my niece) turns eight today. EIGHT! We got manicures last weekend to celebrate, and all the women at the nail salon cooed over her and asked if they could pinch her cheeks and take her home with them. (She really is that cute.) Not only that, but she picked out my pedicure polish and came home with fabulous sequined flowers on her own big toes. The whole day made me so happy, and I kept thinking, "No matter how many boys I end up with, I'll always have Bella to indulge my girly side--thank goodness."

No comments: