His new favorite signs:
*When Dave saw Will signing"where," which consists of wagging your finger back and forth, he asked "Who kept saying NO to Will today?"
Will's new favorite things:
- any first birthday cards with dogs or Cookie Monster on the cover
- the lifelike stuffed beagle toy I purchased, of which Dave is afraid because "its eyes look possessed"
- flowers--specifically, sniffing them and saying "Ahhhhh"
- pulling all his clean clothes out of the closet and throwing them in his hamper
- pulling all our dirty clothes out of the hamper and onto the floor
- pulling our socks out of our drawers and then receiving applause for putting them "Back IN"
OK, this one is a story in itself. I went to the religious kids' book section to get some appropriate reading material to distract/engage Will at church. While perusing a couple of cute children's prayer books, Will grabbed a board book called "Jesus Loves Me" off the shelves and proceeded to tear off the corner with his teeth. It was what you would call a forced purchase.
However, the book is actually very cute. It features a bear family (mom, dad, baby bear), which is Will's favorite kind of family, picture-wise, and the illustrations are nicely drawn. There's a lot of repetition in the actual text of the book (can you guess what keeps getting repeated? Hint: it's in the title), but overall I think Will chose (chewed?) this book wisely.