Sunday, October 18, 2009

Six Months Along with Baby Two


"Wait, how far along are you now?" asked Dave.

"Six months."

"Six calendar months?" he checked.

"Yeah. And 27 weeks, so if I were counting like I counted last time, I'd probably be saying I was seven months pregnant already."

"Seven lunar months?" Dave scratched his head.

"Right. And that was silly. But the benefit was, I could say I was nine months pregnant for a whole month."

*************

Six months into this pregnancy, my body has begun to realize that there's a baby in there. I know, it can be slow on the uptake. I launch myself out of bed in the morning, I heave myself in and out of the car or up the stairs with Will in my arms throughout the day, and I lie in seven different positions trying to sleep for an hour in the evening while this kid kicks the stuffing out of me.

Ah, yes. This is what being really pregnant feels like. I'd honestly forgotten.

No comments: