Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Shape of Things to Come

I made it to my first gym class in a year on Thursday night. It was an incredibly fun PowerStep class, and I'm so out of practice that I forgot a water bottle and left with a face flushed crimson (and a body filled with endorphins, which made the pain so worth it). On top of that, this gym is about .4 miles away from us on our very own street, and they have a fabulous baby-sitting program for babies as young as eight weeks, so Will already qualifies. I don't think I'll ever get back to my pre-pregnancy weight without the motivation and peer pressure that comes with group exercise classes, so all of this is extremely good news.

One of the blogs I follow has a new fitness website that I'll also be using for inspiration, called http://www.bodiesinmotivation.com/. I'd like to be back to my old weight by January 1, 2009 and in fantastic shape by the time Erin and Matt get married at the end of April. And then I'd like to maintain that shape for Amy and Dave's wedding in August. After all, both brides-to-be looked so beautiful in my wedding photos:

No comments: