Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Don't Know Much

Being a mom has a certain je ne sais quoi* about it.

Je ne sais quoi I'm doing.

Je ne sais quoi works and quoi doesn't work in terms of new toys/tools/strategies.

And most of all, je ne sais quoi exactly to do with myself while the baby naps. Now that Will is three months old and on a quasi-schedule, I get at least a few 45-minute breaks per day. I love these breaks: Will is dozing peacefully nearby, and I am free to get stuff DONE!

Here's what I have been doing: picking up the toys and books we were just using; doing the 30-Day Shred DVD on mute (so I can hear any caws from the other room); pouring myself another cup of coffee and trying to respond to emails from a month ago; finishing my baby shower scrapbook (yes, that was in July of last year).

That's all well and good, but I also need to be exercising my brain on a consistent basis, and that's why I am directing everyone to go have a look-see at The Noon Guide. It is not perfect yet, but Dave's convinced me that I need to start spreading the word even before the finishing touches are there.

Plus, you really, really, really need to vote on Erin's bridal look because she will be here in a week and we have to use your feedback to make a decision! People, please! Je ne sais quoi I will do without your insights!

(Oh, and also there will be some photos of a certain someone's--no, not Dave's--naked male torso over there starting Friday.) So go forth and read, comment, vote, prosper.

*For those who took high school Spanish instead, "je ne sais quoi" means "I don't know what."

No comments: